Saturday, July 26, 2008

1st Zoo Trip














Here are some pics from Marco's first trip to the Zoo. He especially loved the Monkeys, which makes sense as he is our Monkey :) I am sure Marco was amazed to see animals moving, eating, and not just on his shows and in books. He didn't know where to point to!! Many of the animals were hiding in the shade as it was a warm day but it was a great family outing!!
Marco continues to amaze us in how quickly he is learning and picking up words and signs. His words are bola (ball), abre (open), baby, agua (water), no-no, mama, and dada, and other things in Marco language! :) He also says sounds for cow, horse, cat, and car. He understands so much in both languages and to our surprise is picking up some English words, I guess from his OT that comes to the house and his signing time and Baby Einstein. He can sign so much and now actually attempts to sign "Help" which is so nice to understand him. He is signing, help, more, eat, swing, baby, flower, train, cookie, and cheese, and some others I can't remember :) This morning during snack he independently signed "more cheese" and then "more cookie" It was amazing to see how quickly children are just soaking up language at this age!!





4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful pictures! I am glad he enjoyed the zoo.

They do pick up so much and are like little sponges. And some things you don't want them to pick up! I love that he knows four languages - I am including "sign" it that count!

He gets more adorable with each and every picture and each and every day!
Elizabeth

Vicki Jensen said...

I love the new pictures!

How did you teach Marco to sign? Was it from a book or video? I want to teach Jack but I have to teach myself first!

Vic

Fer said...

Loved the photos Ana, Marco is so cute and I'm impressed by how much he's learned lately :)

Cindy said...

Wow, I am impressed! Claire jabbers all day but her only "real" words so far are "hey" and "daddy". That is really neat that you taught him to sign.