...from our soon to be 3 year old. We have been doing well and hoping winter will end soon at least these cold temps. Marco is talking up a storm, mostly in English even though he understands everything I say in Portuguese he answers it back in English. I know this happens to bilingual kids so I just have to keep exposing him to the language. He has been eating very well, is enjoying eating, asking for food, and telling us when he is hungry (which is new) :) He is enjoying having playdates with his CDH buddy and we even ventured to the aquarium one day, which was a big step for both mommies, especially in the middle of the winter. We may start to venture out a bit more eventhough it is still winter because it is getting very hard to keep a 3 yr. old entertained with the same toys, same environment, etc.. as much as I do activities, crafts, school stuff it is not the same as being out in the world, seeing people, kids, and different things. I feel so bad because when we do do something if he sees kids he just wants to follow them and asks to play with them. He is even initiating saying hi and talking with kids he doesn't even know, which is big for him. He is very social but being isolated so much isn't helping. So we will see.


No comments:
Post a Comment