Friday, November 13, 2009

School Time

No, Marco is not going to school just yet... :) We have been doing "school time" every morning where we do weather, letters, numbers, counting, big-small, more-less, categorizing/classifying, and other preschool concepts. He knows all his colors and shapes so we are focusing on other things. We always do a craft or playdough or both at the end. It doesn't last very long but it is a good way to break the day and expose him to new things. We are hoping that he will go to preschool at least twice a week next Sept, where he will be 3.5 years old, so until then we have "school time" (he calls it that now) at home with mamma! Here are some pictures of what we have... also some pictures of Marco watching his favorite movie of all time... Disney Lighting Mcqueen... and a video(I will add more at another time), his imagination has really taken off and he has amazing play skills with his cars and little people and pretends a lot. He likes to get his cars and say "hi where are you going? and then say let's go... (like zoo or store") it is funny to watch and see how well he plays eventhough he isn't around other children. There is a picture of Marco's first self-portrait. I made a stick figure and on his on his own he puts dots for eyes a nose and a mouth and labels them as he is doing it, he also added hands and feet, it was pretty amazing he did that on his own!!! :) He also loves those color wonder markers (as do I) they are great, I can have him color with markers anywhere in the house and not worry, he has a Disney book with Handy Manny and Mickey and another of his favorite... guess... Mcqueen :) there he is coloring and chillin' on the couch!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Fun! I started doing this with Sofie after breakfast every morning this summer. We're working on shapes and colors mostly, but also some counting and animals/noises. What age did you start doing this with Marco? I feel like I'm not really getting anywhere with her so far, but she does watch me most of the time. We do small art projects and some coloring, but she's not too interested yet. I feel like it's a constructive way to spend our time and I think it will help prepare her for preschool since she doesn't attend a daycare. I definitely welcome your advice on what you did with Marco at this age! Please email me if you have a chance! jen@sofiascdhstory.com