Well as you probably know... I speak Portuguese at home with Marco and Mauricio speaks Spanish and in addition, Marco gets exposed to sign language and English from songs I sing (I remember more of them in English) and from his signing time videos. As I look at his vocabulary, he has become so verbal recently it amazes me. From when we went to clinic in June he knew and used around 6 words... now he knows and uses 15 words in addition to two verbs. He is also starting to put two words together... like "abre bola" (open ball-it is a ball that opens). He also does "Abre" and signs "book". He is also using more animals sounds and signs. Just the other day we were outside and a squirrel came by and he signed it... I had no idea he knew that :)
Language is absolutely amazing and I am so happy that it is becoming easier to communicate with Marco and he understands so much more and instead of crying he signs for a food he wants or when he needs help.
To add to his repertoire of language here is a video of Marco's new language... there are some recognizable words in there, but he is like this all day.. it is too cute!! (notice the cool dude with his Red Sox hat) :)

1 comment:
OMG ANA!!!!! That is the cuttest thing ever!!!!!! it's amazing how they learn and grow up! Time is flying! This little videos are a treasure for us! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment